- Must contain Korean traditional theme, as captured by melody, rhythm, or both
- Must submit a short paragraph describing the Korean thematic inclusion
- Must never been published before.
- Submit computer-generated printed scores. Hand-written scores will be disqualified.
- Must be printed in portrait on regular 8.5 x 11 inch papers or A4 size (letter size).
- Must be printed on one side only and put together using a paper clip. Do NOT use staple, coils or glue: bound scores will be disqualified.
- Must submit separate solo part and piano accompaniment part
- Each page of the score should be numbered, together with an indication of the total number of pages (e.g. a 5 page-manuscript should be marked “page 1 of 5”, etc.)
- The entrant’s name and contact details should NOT appear on any page of the score. Each score will be assigned an Entry Number. Entrants will receive entry number with the notification of the application receipt.
- Scores will not be returned, so entrants should ensure that they have retained a copy.
- Rejected scores will not be returned either.
- We reserve the rights not to award a prize.
- Entrants specifically grant Sejong Cultural Society the rights to use the submitted pieces for Sejong Music Competition and related venues. Sejong Cultural Society reserves the rights to use (or not to use) all submitted pieces for the Sejong Music Competition and related venues.
Samples of Korean Traditional Music