- Eligibility: Open to composers of all ages, all nationalities, and all ethnic backgrounds.
- Instruments: A solo piece for piano, violin, or cello. Violin and cello pieces may have a piano accompaniment
- Music length: Playing time must be less than five minutes.
- Music: The piece must be suitable for pre-college students to perform at the Sejong Music Competition. The senior division is ages 14-18; junior division is open to students younger than 13 years old.
- Please keep in mind that we are looking for pieces that can strongly convey Korean themes.